Where does the time go? Halloween has come and gone, Thanksgiving is two weeks away and next month Parker turns eleven on Christmas Day. Falling into the holidays reminds me of falling into a pit of plastic balls at McDonald's play land. At first you are excited, you laugh, and you enjoy the feeling of being surrounded. But then, the excitement suddenly turns to frustration, you are no longer laughing because you can't find your child and the smell coming from this cozy rubber ball playground is starting to suffocate you.
This year I am going to try and fall into the "spirit" of the holidays! I am not going to sweat the small stuff. Parker will be grown and gone before I know it. I don't want to be the lame mom who couldn't handle the holidays...the mom who couldn't handle falling into the rubber ball pit. I want to capture the magic of the holidays and share it with my family.
2 comments:
I know those holidays come from left to right now days! its insane!
I loved your queen comment my mom got a real kick out of it also! and thank you!
-sie
Wow! That's a great attitude. I'll have to try it. Your blog cracks me up. You definitely have a gift for writing as well as many other things!?!! Guess who came to Thanksgiving dinner? Do you give up? Soral Frew, Reb Frew, Dav Frew, and Alisdair, Reb's son. Crazy, huh? It was really fun, though. Soral said she remembers playing with you when she was about 6.
Post a Comment