On December 13th, Morgin, our angel would be turning 13. She would be in seventh grade this year, and perhaps even a student in her mother's reading class. Morgin would be a teenager. Where does the time go?
I still day dream about Morgin and what she would be like at various ages. Would she have my curly hair and assertiveness? Would she have her father's sense of humor and athletic ability? Would she find Parker annoying, yet be the protective and loving older sister? In my dreams, she is all of this and more. Morgin is perfect because she can't be anything but perfect.
On December 13th, John, Parker and myself have asked our family and friends to light a candle in her honor, and in honor of other loved ones who cannot be with us for the holidays. John and I don't need to light a candle to remember Morgin. She is always in our thoughts...always on our mind. However, knowing our family and friends are sharing a special tradition with us, fills our hearts with joy and peace. Everyone is remembering our angel, our Morgin.
2 comments:
Sis-As if I haven't cried enough lately. Your words were beautiful just like my big sis, just like Morgin is. I've been thinking of her lately too. I like to think she is there holding the hand of someone I hope will soon join our family. The Morgin I see in my mind is perfect and beautiful. Just like her mother. I love you.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Colette, I know this is quite belated (due to our near christmas anniversary and regular christmas hustle and bustle) but I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this. Eleanor and I often think of Morgin, she is definitely in a special place in our hearts and this is something we will continue to make a tradition through the years.
Hope your upcoming holidays are awesome we miss all of you!
- dakota
Post a Comment